Thursday, November 27, 2014

Don Det at sunset

I am sitting in my hammock out the front of my oh so cutest banboo hut. It shakes and it rattles and it rolls. It is threatening to disintegrate around me but I have complete faith in its capacity and after all it is the last season and these"heritidge" buildings will be compost. As I speak the new ones are being created next door. I am witnessing the most gloroius onset of evening. You couldn't really call it a sunset because I am on the sunrise side of the Island. It is glorious though. You could cut the tranquility with a knife. It's like an overripe stilton cheese stinking in full maturity. The image is assisted by the reality that it is also stinking hot. I am at peace, this is my nadir, my bliss, my nirvarna. You can take all your religions, your sects, your covens of Kharma give me good old tranquility any day. It puts the whole business in perspective. They have a saying here, a catch all phrase "Bo Pan Yang" (I'm not sure about the anglisied spelling). But that says it all. And that is all I'll say today.  

2 comments:

  1. Have enjoyed your blog Lionel, and pretty sure I stayed in the same place in Don Det, such a good spot!

    ReplyDelete