Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Searching for the Bike

Well well well luck is still on my side. Last night on my way to the New Day resteraunt down the street I noticed a motorbike shop. This morning I went to look. There was a nice Honda Win which looks like it is a real Honda. The young attendant called his boss and after a short wait he came with keys. Of all the bikes I have seen so far it is the best. They are all pretty worn out but this one looks like it could be a goer. I told the bloke (Trang) that I would look at other shops but that I liked his bike. He assured me that we could go to his mechanic and fix the things I found wrong... new sprokets and chain. Tappet adjustment, new rear light lens, new front break and a check on the fluids in the forks. It needs oil but what is in there is clean. All in all a distinct prospect. Shit I forgot to ask about the Blue card (rego papers). Will make sure to do so next time. More excitement to follow chaps.

It is Thursday the 30th of October my 4th day. Yesterday was a really good day. a motorbike find in the morning a little wheeling and dealing and in the afternoon I met up with tonys friends Dung and Hung. A lovely pair of young things. So cute in thier youth. We went for a meal of some unpronouncable name. It involved a bowl of what looked like meat shavings with a slightly sweet flavour, under this there was a layer of very fat noodles softened and flavoured with chilli and nouc maum. It was delicious. I then took them to a resteraunt on the lake and we had cold drinks while I tried to teach some English. I think we all enjoyed the experience. I certainly did. I went again to the New Day for dinner and had a very nice time talking to a Dutch/Belgian man who was having to leave tomorrow to return to Europe. He had been bitten by a Monkey and was going through the trauma of Rabies shots. Poor bugger. We had long travelling chats and the night went quite quickly.

Today I am going to focus on Bikes. I plan to visit all the shops left on my list. Hopefully by the end of today I will have the basics of a bike. Please find attached a couple of photos taken from my balcony.

No comments:

Post a Comment